Intersection Safety Program

Common Questions and Answers

Why does the City of New Port Richey employ red light cameras?
Red light cameras are employed to reduce angle traffic collisions, increase safety, and encourage motorists to stop for red lights. 

I got a notice of violation in the mail, what are the pictures of?
The picture on the left shows the tag of the vehicle, the picture in the center shows the vehicle before it enters the intersection at the same time the traffic signal is red, and the picture on the right shows the vehicle continuing past the stop line and entering the intersection.

What is this link and PIN number for?
The link is for, where you can view a video of the vehicle running the red light. You will need the PIN number provided to access the video. Please view the video prior to deciding how you are going to handle the notice of violation or citation. Many people do not view the video and are surprised when they attend a hearing or court date regarding their violation.

What if I wasn't the one driving the vehicle?
If you were not driving, you must complete a "Transfer of Liability" affidavit, which can be found below. You must have all the information required in section II of the affidavit. Failure to provide all of the information will result in the affidavit being denied. If you do not have the information of the person who was driving the vehicle, then you are responsible for the violation.

ACR_App_file_document.pngTransfer of Liability Affidavit

What if my vehicle or tag was stolen?
If your vehicle or tag was stolen, you must provide a copy of the report filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency. You can bring the report to the New Port Richey Police Department, Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8am and 4pm. 

What if I ignore the Notice of Violation or Citation?
If you ignore the Notice of Violation, it will be upgraded to a Uniform Traffic Citation. The fine increases, and if the Citation is ignored, your driver's license can be suspended.

How can I pay the fine for my violation?
There are several different ways you can pay your violation:

  • Call 1-866-225-8875 and pay via electronic check, credit or debit card.
  • Visit and pay via electronic check, credit or debit card.
  • Mail a cashiers check or money order (no cash or personal checks) to the address below along with the payment receipt.

    City of New Port Richey
    Payment Processing Center
    PO BOX 742527
    Cincinatti, OH 45274-2527